This church is a body of believers under the leadership of Christ. Our theme verse is Colossians 1:28: “Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ.”
We seek to proclaim the whole counsel of God to all people. This is revealed in the infallible Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, which are the only rule of faith and practice. Therefore, this church is committed to the preaching and teaching of the Scriptures; regular participation in the sacraments of baptism and the Lord’s Supper; loving exercise of church discipline as instructed by our Lord; fellowship; and, prayer to the end that each person might be better equipped to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. All this to the glory of God.
- That the people of Eastwood Presbyterian Church join together every Sunday to worship the Lord and hear God’s Word taught and preached from the Reformed perspective.
- That the members of Eastwood Presbyterian Church be instructed in the Scriptures and thereby equipped to disciple their families and others in the Gospel.
- That, as a result of God’s marvelous grace and mercy, the people of Eastwood Presbyterian Church will experience joy and peace, as they are set free from the bondage of sin. That they will obey Christ out of thanksgiving and not from mere obligation.
- That God will use the people of Eastwood Presbyterian Church actively to reach out to unbelievers with the gospel; doing so as he transforms us all into the image of Christ. That our people will be warm, caring, and welcoming to all.
- That all members of Eastwood pursue Christ’s call to use their spiritual gifts, talents, and resources to his glory and honor, thereby serving to build his kingdom both locally and globally.
Eastwood Vision Statement
Corporate worship is at the center of the life of Eastwood Presbyterian Presbyterian Church. Everything else we do as a church flows out of our worship. We value a distinctively Reformed liturgy characterized by reverence. Our Lord’s Day service includes a call to worship, confession of faith, reading of the law, confession of sin, pardon of sin, exegetical preaching, singing of hymns, prayer, and benediction. In light of this we hold the following items as priorities we value:
1. Importance of the Lord’s Day
2. Ordinary means of grace: prayer, sacraments, preaching of the word
3. Necessity of local church
4. God’s covenant promises to the family
5. Family worship
6. Presbyterian polity
7. Strong leadership/wise discipline
9. Mercy ministry
10. Outreach/church planting/missions
12. Catechizing children